Collection of Private Information/Data
As part of AlmaLinks operation of the Website and the provision of the Service, AlmaLinks may collect, receive, store and, in some cases, disclose information, data and other details submitted, uploaded, posted, transmitted, communicated, shared or exchanged by you whether through your registration to the Service and creation of a Profile in connection therewith or through your use of the Service and your Profile or through your visits to the Website and/or Communities accessible or operated through the Website (collectively “Private Information“). Private Information may include:
Your name, e-mail address, contact details and any other personal information you choose to provide;
Certain types of information which is automatically received, collected and recorded by AlmaLinks whenever you interact with AlmaLinks and other AlmaLinks users, including certain “traffic data” on server logs, from your browser such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Website addresses. AlmaLinks may also add on any page display the total counts that such page has been viewed;
Anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites;
Information you provide that you may choose to convey through using the Website and/or Service, including communications with other users of the Service , subscribing to the Website or the Service, completing forms, creating Profiles, or otherwise using the Service. This information may include any personal information and/or identification information or other personal sensitive data; and
Traffic patterns and site use, which may be used by AlmaLinks to improve its Service.
Use of Private Information
Any information appearing on any Profile of any AlmaLinks User is to be used solely for the AlmaLinks Objectives. Without derogating from the generality of the foregoing, AlmaLinks may monitor, retrieve, analyze, store, disclose in some cases and use any of the Private Information as follows:
- Producing general statistics and statistical information regarding use of the Service in general and conveying such statistic information to third parties according to AlmaLinks’s discretion. Such statistical information will not include name, ID, address, or identifying information.
- Providing, customizing, personalizing and improving AlmaLinks’s Service and detecting and/or preventing fraud. AlmaLinks may also use such information for promotion purposes, such as to offer certain products or services of AlmaLinks or of others AlmaLinks may also contact Users via surveys for examination of current or potential services and/or functionalities of the Service and Website.
- AlmaLinks may, from time to time, contact Users, whether for itself or on behalf of third parties about a particular offering that may be of interest to User.
- Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, User’s unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number and other personally identifiable information) shall not be transferred to third parties except for third parties who are service providers for AlmaLinks bound by confidentiality undertaking, engaged by AlmaLinks to help AlmaLinks perform statistical analysis, send Users email or postal mail, provide User support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to AlmaLinks, and they are or shall be (as the case may be) required to maintain the confidentiality of Users’ information.
- AlmaLinks may monitor and keep track of the Website and your use of the Service in general, and of Users’ visits on the Website and their activities through the Service in particular, in order to ensure that your use of the Service accords with the permitted uses under the ToU, to determine popularity of certain features, functionality of the Website and Service, and for other purposes. AlmaLinks may use this data to deliver customized content and advertising within the Website to Users whose behavior indicates that they are more interested in a particular subject area.
- User is entitled to request in writing, anytime, that User’s information be deleted from any and all of AlmaLinks’ Data Bases. User acknowledges, however, that such removal of User’s data may result in User’s inability to use all or part of the Service, and User shall not have any claim against AlmaLinks with respect to User’s inability to use the Service due to the foregoing.
- AlmaLinks shall not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. Your identifying details shall be provided to third parties, in the following events: (1) disclosure of the details specified under the Section “Use of Private Information“, to other User(s), or to other persons that are not Users, as part of the Services and for the purpose of the Objectives (1) AlmaLinks is required to do so by law, or court order, injunction or decree (2) in case of dispute between AlmaLinks and User (3) to verify Users’ identity and prevent or detect fraud (4) upon Users’ consent.
Your Use of other Members Information
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Profile
- Following registration and creation of your Profile, depending on your access authorization associated with your Profile by AlmaLinks, you may, request to review and change the information you submitted during registration or do it yourself. If you change or request that AlmaLinks change your access information, we will retain a record of your old access information.
- Upon your notification, we will remove your Private Information from our active databases as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our policy and applicable law.
- We will retain in our files information you have requested to be removed from our active databases for certain purposes, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions. Further, such prior information may never be completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored ‘back up’ systems.
Other Web sites
The Website uses “cookies” (whether of the AlmaLinks or of third parties) to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the AlmaLinks’ Service or web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
AlmaLinks reasonably secures the personally identifiable information you provide from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, on computer servers in a controlled and secured environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, User acknowledges that the Website, the Service and their information protection systems are not immune from any breaches or sabotage, and third party may make unlawful and harmful use of the Website and Service, including, but not limited to, uploading malicious files of any kind, viruses, worms, Trojan horses and the such. User agrees that the AlmaLinks shall not be liable in any way to any damage whatsoever that may result of any such third party behavior.
Changes to this Policy
To obtain a copy of the personal information the AlmaLinks holds about you, please write with full details to us according to the contact details as set forth above.
Transfer of Data Abroad
AlmaLinks’s servers are located in the United States. If you are visiting the Website from a country other than the country in which AlmaLinks’s servers are located, your communications with us may result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By using the Service through the Website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to such transfers.
- The following information is available to all management level Users of AlmaLinks Services:Profile Picture, Full name, Chapter, Activity Level and Engagement Level, Type of Membership, Languages Spoken, Application Details (Referral), Date Joined, Acquisition Channel, Resume (CV), City, Email Address, Phone/Mobile Number, Hobbies, Education (School, Degree, Program), Current Position, Current Company, Years in Current Position, Sector, Industry Website, Previous Position, Previous Company, Years in Previous Position, Sector, Industry, Bio, Professional Expertise, Professional Interests, Next Position in Mind Delete this, Professional Goal with in 10 Years, Current Professional Challenges, What Can You Offer to Other Members, What Kind of Executives would you like to meet, How can you best contribute to AlmaLinks, Documentation of Interaction with AlmaLinks Management, Documentation of Introductions to Other Users, Documentation of Satisfaction Surveys.
- The following information will be shared with all Users of the Services:Profile Picture, Full Name, Chapter, Type of Membership, Languages Spoken, City, Email Address, Phone/Mobile Number, Hobbies, Education (School, Degree, Program), Current Position, Current Company, Years in Current Position, Sector, Industry, Website, Previous Position, Previous Company, Years in Previous Position, Previous Company Sector, Previous Company Industry, Biography, Professional Expertise, Professional Interests.
- The professional bio that you uploaded to the portal might also be shared with individuals who are not users of the AlmaLinks Service.